Monday, March 14, 2011

Adventures with Cookies

I've been experimenting with different cookie recipes in the past month.  Usually when I make cookies they are Chocolate Chip Cookies.  My old standby and super tasty.  But, I may not be able to have chocolate at the moment because I'm nursing.  I still haven't quite figured out if chocolate makes my little boy gassy or not.  I haven't quite done a real test yet.  So in the meantime I've been avoiding chocolate and so my forays into non chocolate cookies.  Last week I finally made shortbread for the first time ever.  I didn't realize quite how easy it is to make.  I would have made it a long time ago.

Tonight I wanted to make some cookies but realized I was out of white flour.  I do have lots of whole wheat so to the internet I went in search of a recipe.  And lookie what I found.....Whole Wheat Sugar Cookies.  So I tried making them and yup tasty.  I didn't put the grated orange peel in only because I currently don't have any oranges in the house.

This recipe will indeed be a make again.

My next try are going to be these:  Chinese Restaurant Almond Cookies.  My Mom made them when I was visiting last week and they were super super tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment