Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yarn Purge

On the topic of getting rid of stuff.  This past week I went through my yarn stash to pare it down and make some room for future baby toys.  Up until last week I kept my yarn stash in an ottoman in the living room with a briefcase upstairs for all my needles.

I decided the ottoman is going to be far better used as a toy box.  Hopefully this will keep the living room a little neater (I can dream can't I?).

It was a bit of a struggle to get rid of some of the yarn I did.  There is always that "don't waste it, it might be useful one day" thoughts.  But I was fairly ruthless.  Realistically I'm not going to be doing that much knitting for the next while with Mr. Small guy.  By the time I'm doing a lot of knitting again, I'm not likely to want to knit the "possible projects" I've got waiting for me right now.

So I feel fairly accomplished with that purge.  I still have to go through all of my knitting needles, but that can wait for another day.  And going through that is just to rid myself of duplicates.

Hmmmm....I wonder what the next purge should be?

No comments:

Post a Comment