Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Biking.

Sunday morning I was all excited about the idea of going for a bike ride. I haven't been on my bike since the middle of November and I really miss it.  Last year I really started bike riding again and I've got plans to try doing some distance biking this year.


I hadn't gone out on Saturday night so I was up at a reasonable hour an got myself all dressed up in a my biking gear and away I was going to go.
Then..... denied. The tires were flat. I forgot what happens when you don't ride your bike for 4 months. This is usually an easy problem to solve as we have more than one air pump for inflating bike tires, real tires and footballs. But no, apparently my fancy bike has a special tire valve that I didn't know existed. But a trip off to MEC yesterday and voila for $1.25 I now have a valve adaptor and tires full of air. All set for riding now, but I look out the window and see rain. So no riding for me today. I have a couple of other items I should pick up for the bike, but they didn't seem to have them yesterday in the spring rush. I need some new gloves. Mine fell apart last year. But all they had were the expensive ones. Perhaps next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment