Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gratitude Journals

Gratitude journals are an awesome thing.  I learned about them in the second part of the meditation classes I took in 2009.  I was a little on the skeptical side at first.  I often am with these sorts of things.  Mind you I'm slowly changing my mind about being skeptical.

However once I started the exercise I found that it having to think of 2 things or more (depending on the exercise that week) each day that I was grateful for, put me in a more positive frame of mind.  

So you would think I would keep this up if it makes me feel good.  Nope, it gets tossed into the "Roundtuit" pile.  I really do have to make more of an effort to keep it up.

Most of the information on keeping gratitude journals suggest keeping them in a lined notebook.  I being a geekish type tends to use my online journal instead.  I just tag my entries gratitude so they are in the record of everything.  

If you are looking for some resources on how to go about keeping a gratitude journal you can check out the links below:

ehow's guide to gratitude journals

30 Days to Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment