Saturday, May 1, 2010

Back in the Cycling Game

Today I went for my first actual bit of distance ride since October and before the whole cancer incident.  I went down to the waterfront and biked to the Humber Bay Bridge and back (King & Bathurst area).  From Google Maps it looks like it's about 20 k (well if you drive on roads that far so......).  I was kind of afraid that I wouldn't be able to do it, being so out of shape and all from sitting on my ass for 2-3 months.

However, the ride was awesome.  It was almost like I hadn't stopped.  Mind you I'm feeling the effects now.  My hamstrings are very unhappy with me.  Mind you they weren't so happy with me to begin with after yoga on Thursday.

This is a good thing as someone at work has been trying to talk me into doing the Becel Ride for the Heart this year and do the 50 k option.  I was thinking the 25 k would be the option to do, but on the basis of the ride today, I think I might be able to do the 50 k option.

It's funny, in the early fall I had been thinking that doing something like the Ride to Conquer Cancer.  But then all the stuff happened.  I still might do it next year, but I think you have to do serious fundraising for it.  I'm not sure if I'm up to the serious fundraising.

No comments:

Post a Comment