Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm such a chickenshit Cyclist

Today marks a bit of a big day.  I won't lie, I'm afraid of the cars.  They are crazy and large and could hurt me really badly.  Somedays it seems like cars are out to get me.  So for that reason I don't like riding in traffic.  I much prefer the bike lanes and the bike path.

Currently I've been going west on the waterfront bike trail as the trail goes a really nice long way before it dumps you out into traffic again.  The eastbound bike path on the other hand has a section around Harbourfront that just dumps you into traffic in a reasonably narrow spot.  Most likely why there is no bike path.

I tried going that way once last summer and go freaked out and came back.  Tonight I tired it again as my hubby suggested I visit the footy practice at Cherry Beach.  You know, drop by and say hi to the guys.

Funny enough, if you do it late enough in the day, there isn't all that much traffic and it was nowhere near as bad as the last time I went.  It was a nice ride and I think i'll do it again in the near future.

Always good to have options as it can get a little boring doing the same ride over and over and over again.

Also, I've never really spent much time in the Cherry Beach area and it would be nice to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment