Monday, May 31, 2010

Excited about some yarn

I have been making some baby hats for my husband's Aussie Rules Football Club's new babies this year. The club is having a bit of a baby boom. I had gone looking for the right blue in the right yarn for these little hats.

I got some that wasn't quite perfect, but seemed ok. I haven't been happy with how it knits up as the hats come out a little on the large side. But since it seemed to be all I could come up with I went with it.

On a footy trip one of the girls was helping out by making a hat too. She had this wonderful dark blue wool that seemed to work perfectly. Trouble is that the company doesn't seem to make it anymore.

However, I did find a site last night that had 6 balls of this yarn. So I ordered and away I go. I'm excited. I hope it arrives soon as I do need to get some hats done!

No comments:

Post a Comment