Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cookbooks

And so my attempts to purge are continuing.  It's actually pretty hard sometimes for me to let go of things.  You often think you might need it some day and you will get around to making something, doing something with it etc................

But, the house is full and constantly messy which is bothering me even more so out things must go.

This morning I worked on cookbooks and recipes.  I love looking at recipes and planning what I'm going to make.  So I've often clipped recipes, saved magazines and bought a few cookbooks with the intent on making these items.  The reality is that I often don't get around to it.  Sad but true.

So this morning I copied a bunch of recipes I've recently looked at and would like to make into my recipe database with not to try them and tossed the paper out.  I got even more into it and got rid of a number of cookbooks I never use.  I even just got rid of a giant pile of "possible recipes"  I collected them years ago and haven't made them.  So out they went.

I think my new rule about cookbooks is that if I haven't used them for more than a year, they should be gotten rid of.  I also vow to copy recipes to my database so if I get rid of a cookbook it I won't lose a recipe.  Publish Post

I do have a few books I need to go through and copy the 1 or 2 recipes I use and then get rid of them.  But then my cookbook purge should be done.

I feel very accomplished this morning.  And a bit lighter.  Although I think the bit lighter will feel even better when the bag of stuff is out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment