Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Granny Squares - Woop

I've been dithering about with what to do with all the bits of yarn that are left over from my projects. I was going to just crochet up a big old ugly blanket. Crochet because I find it goes faster. So I started with the bits of yarn I had. But that was sure to the ugliest blanket ever. So I started looking around for patterns that might be of interest. I did of course think of granny squares, but I didn't think I had the talent for crochet that it required. But I thought I would try. So off I went and downloaded some patterns. Sadly I didn't really understand the patterns as I haven't learned crochet pattern reading yet. In fact, I really only know a couple of stitches and hope that things turn out all right. I got a little frustrated and then I recalled.... we have the intarweeb. There must be a video on Youtube. And I was right.

I found this wonderful video that showed me how easy it is to make granny squares. This is going to make using up those bits of yarn far easier. I've already made several squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment