Thursday, March 18, 2010

Leaf Hat



I've been spending a lot of time over the past year or so making little baby hats for friends, family and coworkers. Most of the time I've been making the Umbilical Cord Hat from the Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook. However, after you make 15 or more of the same item, no matter how cute, it can be a bit boring. So I've been experimenting with other hat patterns. One of them was the Berry Hat Pattern I got from the Random Stitches Blog. almost identical to the Umbilical cord, but with some intarsia that requires some thought. I really liked how the hat came out. So the next person I know having a girl. It seems like a girly hat, will be receiving this wonderful hat.

Oh and I would like to introduce you to my hat model. I'm really not sure what "stuffed toy creatures" she is, but I bought it one day when I was feeling down and carried it in my arms all the way home. Then I discovered it was just the right size for being a baby hat model. She doesn't have a name yet, but I'll get around to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment