Saturday, March 27, 2010

Yoga and Wii

I've been feeling much better these days and I'm sure it's in part due to my increased activity level. Still exhausted as I'm not sleeping well, but the body is getting back to normal post surgery. Hopefully getting to better shape. I need to get more activity going. I went to my second Iyengar class this week and it was great. More difficult though. Which was good. There were a couple of poses that put some pressure on my incision scar, but it wasn't too bad. It also highlighted for me my issue of wrists. I have a hard time staying in the downward dog pose for any length of time because of my wrists. They always start to hurt and I have to drop in and out of the pose. One of the instructors gave me some exercises to see if we can strengthen them. Overall, it is making me happy to be doing yoga again and be able to do it with some friends. I think I may want to try a hot yoga class sometime in the near future. In addition to the Yoga, I've been using my Wii fit to slowly work up my activity levels.  
This morning I managed a Wii fit milestone. I tried all of the routines in the Wii Fit Plus section all in one session. It was pretty good. I even did the running one. And I can't stand running. I'm forcing myself to do it though so I can get in better shape. I didn't do too badly either.

No comments:

Post a Comment