Sunday, March 21, 2010

Meditation

Last spring I took a Mindful Based Stress Reduction course through a wonderful teacher Heidi Walk.  I took the level I and Level II courses.  Both were eye opening and I found did me a lot of good.  I was a little skeptical that meditation would do me any good.  However, I was proved wrong as I generally found that the more regularly I did my mediation practice, the clearer my head is and the busy bees worrying in my brain didn't buzz so much.  I highly recommend her course.

The Level I course is based on the Mindful Based Stress Reduction course designed by Jon Kabat-Zim at the University of Mssachusetts Medical School.  I highly recommend the program.

It is a combination of meditation and yoga.  Our course used the Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness  and the  Guided Mindfulness Meditation CDs.  It takes some work and dedication, there is about an hour's worth of work to do during the course each day.  I found both the book and the CDs highly worth while.  I uploaded the Cds to my iPod and use the audio frequently.

I'm sad to say that since the second course ended in November, I haven't been very good at keeping up with my practice.  I've been very erratic about when I practice.  This has to change as I would like to get back to feeling the way I did while I was taking the courses.

Getting back to yoga is going to help me get back ino this as the yoga and meditation go hand in hand.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    You've got an incredibly nice weblog. Many people usually do not understand what mind power can do to one's accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You've got a really nice weblog. To turn into a prosperous human being the essential factor should be to have positive thinking.

    ReplyDelete