Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's a cooking and cleaning type of weekend

On Wednesday night we hooked up our new freezer.  I have been wishing for a freezer for a good long while.  I hate always having to wonder if I have enough room in the freezer when I'm at the grocery store if I see something on sale, or having to eat spaghetti sauce twice a week because there is no room in the  freezer after making a big batch.  We've also got fairly busy schedules so it's nice to be able to have something reasonably easy to thaw and heat up.

I've been very excited about this and have gone on a cooking binge as a result.  Last night I made a nice large batch of spaghetti sauce that should last us a good while.

Today, I had the bright idea that I should try making meatballs since we had no special plans for the night.  I've only ever made meatballs once.  And that was with a friend's help.  They were actually turkey meatballs from Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes by Gilda Laurentiis.  These ended up being quite tasty and I should try making some again.

For some reason making meatballs has always intimidated me.  But tonight i decided to go for it. I found a recipe in Make-Ahead Meals (Original) from the Company's Coming Series.  I keep being gifted with these cookbooks and there are usually a few good recipes in each one.  So far they seem to have turned out well, none have fallen apart.  I did for some reason think it would take all evening to make the meatballs, but it didn't take me super long.  Waiting around for them to cook on the other hand.....


Now I'm debating whether or not I should bake myself some corn muffins.  Could be tasty and good to take to work next week.  It might be more fun than the cleaning I've also been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment